Sep 18: The Government has taken many steps to promote research in Ayurveda to develop treatment of cancer. The Government has set-up Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) as an autonomous organization, with the mandate to undertake research in Ayurvedic healthcare services.
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) has undertaken research related to Cancer also involved in drug development and documentation of medical practices as per following details:-
- Development of AYUSH QOL2C for improving quality of life in cancer patients
- Development of Carctol S as Standalone therapy in Ovarian Cancer
- Development of Comprehensive Integrated Format for Systematic Documentation of Cancer Management through Ayurveda Interventions
- Screening of medicinal plants on Anticancer Activity
- Ayurveda Interventions for Cancer: Systematic Review, Meta-analysis; and Revival, Documentation, Validation and analysis of data from practitioners, institutes
The Center for Integrative Oncology (CIO) has been established as a joint venture of All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research (NICPR-ICMR) with the intention of collaborative research activities in cancer.
All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has also signed MoU with Dr. BRA Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital (IRCH) and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, with similar aims and objectives.
This information was given by the Minister of Health and Family Welfare Dr. Harsh Vardhan in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.Disclaimer: We donot claim that the images used as part of the news published are always owned by us. From time to time, we use images sourced as part of news or any related images or representations. Kindly take a look at our image usage policy on how we select the image that are used as part of the news.