May 22: Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad Minister of Communications, Law & Justice and Electronics and IT, reviewed the activities and effort of Department of Posts during Covid19 crisis through Video Conferencing. Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre Hon’ble Minister of State of Communications, Shri P. K. Bisoi Secretary, Posts, Ms. Arundhaty Ghosh, DG, Postal Services and other senior officers also attended the VC at the Head Quarter. All the Chief Postmaster Generals attended through VC from respective Circle Headquarters.
The VC was conducted on first “Make in India” VC Solution developed by C-DOT. As such, it was also a first successful trial run of the VC solution.
The Discussion highlighted on various points including
- 2000 tonnes of medicines and medical equipment were booked and delivered to needy individuals and hospitals across the country.
- Road Transport Network running more than 25000 Kms daily and carrying more than 75 tonnes of mails and parcels was introduced to strengthen the supply chain.
- Around Rs.1500 Crore disbursed at the door step using Aadhar enabled Payment System (AePS) of India Post Payment Bank to around 85 lakh beneficiaries.
- 75 lakh electronic money orders (EMO) payments made under various schemes of financial inclusion worth Rs.760 Crore.
- Direct Benefit Transfers (DBT) payments worth Rs.1100 crore disbursed in beneficiary accounts.
- Around 6 lakh food and ration packets were distributed to labourers, municipal workers etc. through self-contribution and in association with NGOs