Feb 04: The Ministry of Ayush has provisioned the exchange of experts in traditional medicines and students with foreign universities, under the MoUs signed between the autonomous bodies under the Ministry of Ayush and foreign Universities/Authorities to promote Yoga, Ayurveda and Traditional Medicine on the International scale. The Ministry of Ayush has signed 24 country-to-country level MoUs, 40 Institute level MoUs and 15 Ayush Academic Chair MoUs with foreign nations. The Ministry of Ayush, for the promotion and propagation Ayush system abroad, offers scholarships to eligible foreign nationals for undertaking degree courses in Ayush systems in premier Institutes in India under its International Ayush Fellowship Programme with the aim of achieving recognition and acceptance of our Traditional Medicine Systems abroad. The Ministry of Ayush also collaborates with foreign universities by signing Institute level MoUs for establishing Ayush Academic Chairs abroad. At present, 03 active Ayush Academic Chairs have been set up i.e. at Hamdard University (Bangladesh), the University of Latvia (Latvia), and the University of Mauritius (Mauritius). The Ministry of Ayush exchanges International experts & officers to and fro India under components 3-A-a and 3-A-b of the IC Scheme.
The Ministry has collaborated with the Ministry of Education to include Yoga, Ayurveda and Traditional Medicine in the school curriculum at the national level and the following are the details of the said initiative:
- Vide DO letter dated: 29.09.2021, the Ministry of Ayush requested the Ministry of Education to integrate teachings of the Indian Traditional System of Medicines in the curriculum of school education.
- An Advisory Group and a Committee to develop educational material for students of school education and higher education is constituted by the Ministry of AYUSH dated 22.09.2022.
- The first meeting of the Advisory Group was held on 13.10.2022.
- As per the decision taken by the committee, the sub-groups depending on age and standard of education are created.
- As per the decision, the director, of NCERT was requested to nominate four experts for four committees on 13.01.2023.