Jan 30: Union Minister of Culture, Tourism and the Development of the North Eastern Region, Shri G Kishan Reddy attended the Inception Meeting of the G-20 Start-up 20 Engagement Group at the Taj Krishna in Hyderabad today. The meeting was also attended by the Union Minister of State for Commerce and Industry, Shri Som Prakash, Sherpa of the G-20, Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog, Shri Parameshwaran Iyer, officers of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and delegates from the G-20 nations, special invitees from the observer countries, representatives from various multilateral organisations and the Global and Indian startup ecosystem.
Addressing the delegates and the participants under the theme ‘Innovating for Amrit Kaal, India @ 2047’, he said, “True to its theme, this G-20 under India’s presidency aims to set the course for acting responsibly, aiming for joint cooperation and achieving and sharing our successes.”
Shri G Kishan Reddy also spoke about the start-up ecosystem in India. He said “India is the ideal location for today’s start-up engagement group as we have close to 85,000 registered start-ups with 100 plus unicorns at a combined valuation of $350 billion dollars. With the third highest number of unicorns in the world, it is only a matter of time before India leads this list”. “Through our start-ups, our youth wants to become job creators instead of being job seekers. Our startups are innovating, investing and inventing new products and experiences. The success of our startup ecosystem symbolises the passion, progress and priority of the government in encouraging and hand-holding these startups. Our large talent pool and our demographic dividend make India an ideal investment location”, he added.
After the event, Kishan Reddy also tweeted “During my address to the delegates, spoke of our rich & cherished traditions & culture of ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ & ‘Vasudaiva Kuthambakkam’, & about the digital journey of India through transformational reforms under the visionary leadership of PM @NarendraModi.
- G Kishan Reddy: “Today’s youth want to be Job creators instead of Job seekers. India is the ideal location for today’s start-up engagement group as we have close to 85,000 registered start-ups with 100 plus unicorns at a combined valuation of $350 billion dollars”.
- G Kishan Reddy: “Our startups are innovating, investing and inventing new products and experiences. The success of our startup ecosystem symbolises the passion, progress and priority of the government in encouraging and hand-holding these startups”.
- G Kishan Reddy: “Startups will play a key role in leveraging the 4-Ds that India is offering. With a vibrant democracy, development for all through Sab Ka Saath Sab Ka Vikaas, digital public infrastructure and decarbonisation
- G Kishan Reddy: “We have the potential to emerge as the 3rd largest economy and innovation will be one of the key levers”.
- G Kishan Reddy: “I would also invite startups to help us find innovative solutions and new ideas in preserving our rich cultural heritage and guiding us through the use of new technologies in providing an immersive experience to our tourists”.