Takes steps to uplift the Startups and promote ‘vocal for local’ campaign and e-Commerce
23 JUL 2021: Government of India has taken several steps to improve the quality standards of products manufactured under the AatmaNirbhar Bharat Campaign. These inter alia include:
- Quality Control Orders (QCOs): Since the announcement of the AatmaNirbhar Bharat campaign, Central Government through its various Ministries/Departments has notified 156 products under compulsory BIS certification through the issuance of QCOs. As per these QCOs, the products specified therein shall conform to the requirements of relevant Indian Standards and bear a Standard Mark under a license from the Bureau of Indian Standards.
2. Production-Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme: To provide a major boost to manufacturing, the Government has launched the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for 13 sectors with an outlay of Rs 1.97 lakh crore over the next five years.
3. Udyog Manthan: DPIIT in collaboration with D/o Commerce, QCI, NPC, Bureau of Indian Standards, Industry Chambers and line ministries conducted Udyog Manthan, a two-month-long series of webinars comprising 46 sessions, focused on Quality and Productivity in all major sectors of manufacturing and services.
The steps taken by Government to uplift the startups and to promote the ‘vocal for local’ campaign are as under:
i) Government of India has extended relaxations on prior experience, prior turnover and earnest money deposit as per the provisions of GFR to ease public procurement from startups.
ii) Government of India has taken up the Fund of Funds for Startups (FFS) Scheme and Startup India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) to uplift the startups in the country. The objectives of the Fund of Funds scheme include accelerating innovation-driven entrepreneurship and business creation, mobilizing larger equity-like resources for startups. The SISFS aims to provide financial assistance to startups for proof of concept, prototype development, product trails, market entry and commercialization.
The steps taken by Government to help startups and other local manufacturers in using the e-Commerce and online platforms are as under:
- Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is set up for providing an online platform for the procurement of common-use goods and services by government organizations. Any entity including DPIIT recognized startups can register on GeM as sellers and sell their products and services directly to government entities.
- Startup Runway is developed by GeM in collaboration with DPIIT, which is a unique initiative for promoting entrepreneurship through innovation. It has been developed as a dedicated platform for startups to list their products and services for government procurement with relaxed procurement norms and regulations.
This information was given by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Shri Som Parkash, in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha today.Disclaimer: We donot claim that the images used as part of the news published are always owned by us. From time to time, we use images sourced as part of news or any related images or representations. Kindly take a look at our image usage policy on how we select the image that are used as part of the news.