Sep 26: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today addressed the 75th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) virtually. In his speech, he raised the importance of India in the world and questioned the reliability and effectiveness of the UN. The salient points of his speech are
- India is proud of the fact that it is one of the founding members of the United Nations
- International community today is faced with a very important question: Whether the character of the institution, constituted in the prevailing circumstances of 1945, is relevant even today
- There are several instances that point to a serious need for introspection for the United Nations. he whole world is fighting the global pandemic of Corona for the last 8-9 months. Where is the United Nations in this joint fight against the pandemic? Where is its effective response?
- When we were strong, we did not trouble the world; when we were weak, we did not become a burden on the world.
- How long would a country have to wait particularly when the changes happening in that country affect a large part of the world?
- A Self-reliant India will also be a Force Multiplier for the Global Economy
- Indian women, today, are the biggest beneficiaries of the largest Micro Financing Scheme of the world