Apr 11:On 10-11 April 2022, as part of his three-nation tour to the region, Secretary (East), Shri Saurabh Kumar visited Phnom Penh, Cambodia. On 11 April 2022, Shri Saurabh Kumar held bilateral talks with his Cambodian counterpart, H.E. Mr. Koy Kuong, Secretary of State, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation, Kingdom of Cambodia.
2. Secretary (East) reaffirmed India’s support for Cambodia’s successful Chairmanship of ASEAN in 2022. He appreciated the role played by Cambodia including that by Deputy PM and FM Prak Sokhonn as the Special Envoy of ASEAN Chair on Myanmar.
3. Both sides had comprehensive discussions on bilateral cooperation in diverse areas including political, economic, commercial, trade and investments, defense and security, development partnership, connectivity, capacity building and cultural cooperation, physical and digital connectivity, etc. They appreciated the close cooperation between India & Cambodia and agreed to further deepen the bilateral relations, particularly in areas such as defense and security, health, connectivity – digital and physical infrastructure, capacity building, and development cooperation.
4. Both sides decided to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between India and Cambodia and to commemorate the India-ASEAN Friendship Year marking the 30th anniversary of dialogue relations between India and ASEAN this year.
5. The two sides also exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual interest.
6. The talks were held in a friendly atmosphere. Both sides agreed to hold the next round of discussions at a mutually convenient date.Disclaimer: We donot claim that the images used as part of the news published are always owned by us. From time to time, we use images sourced as part of news or any related images or representations. Kindly take a look at our image usage policy on how we select the image that are used as part of the news.